Please read the following sections carefully before submitting the application form.
Tarek Ghazzaoui, through BIM Careers, takes blogging and videocasting about BIM seriously. In that light, he ensures that only quality blog articles that share knowledge, perspectives and experiences are published online.
You may apply to become a blog contributor, but BIM Careers makes no guarantees that your application will be retained. It depends on your profile, your experience, your topic of choice, the schedule, the pipeline (articles in line to be published) and Tarek Ghazzaoui’s discretion.
To avoid any situation of conflict of interest, favoritism or bias, BIM Careers does not financially compensate any blog contributor or videocast interviewee.
If you clearly do not possess the qualifications or meet the requirements, please do not apply; however if you are uncertain, please apply.
- Completed 5+ years relevant experience in Building Information Modeling
- Held a managerial BIM position in the past (employed by a recognized AEC firm is an asset)
- Possess good English writing skills (structure, grammar, conjugation, coherence)
- Possess interest in sharing personal experiences and anecdotes
- Are open to discussing and implementing structure for topics and ideas
- Are punctual with deliverables
- Must have 5+ years relevant experience in Building Information Modeling
- Must currently hold or have held a managerial BIM position for at least 2 years, including:
- BIM Coordinator
- BIM Manager
- BIM Director
- Must be able and willing to sign collaboration agreement
- Must be able and willing to follow blog guidelines
- Must be able and willing to write about agreed scope of topics within set timeline
Representation notice: if you are a current employee of an AEC firm, you must discuss with your current supervisor(s) whether contributing to BIM Careers presents a situation of conflict of interest or an unfavorable outcome for you, your firm or third parties. Although you are not representing your firm by contributing to this blog and podcast, you are responsible for doing your own due diligence.
- You familiarize yourself with the BIM Careers website
- You read the qualifications and requirements to become a blog contributor
- You apply online in the form below
- Tarek communicates your acceptance, if applicable
- Tarek forwards a collaboration agreement
- You sign the collaboration agreement and return to Tarek
- Tarek forwards blog guidelines and list of topics – to be discussed with you
- You agree on the blog article topic and write an article
- You coordinate article reviews with Tarek until finalized
- Tarek informs you of release date and publishes article on website and social media
- You promote your article by sharing everywhere!
4. Application form
Equal opportunity disclosure: Thank you for your interest in becoming a blog contributor. BIM Careers is committed to being an equal opportunity blog and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.